Thursday, September 14, 2006

CREATION STATION


I belong to a creators' group at Google called CreationStation.
The pic of the twisted penguin is a small sample of my work using PaintShopProX.
In the few short months that I have been doing art on the computer,
my work has been included in a small [non-juried] art show in State College Pennsylvania
and also on-line at my friend Scott's journal OtherHoodLights http://otherhoodlight.squarespace.com/display/ShowGallery?moduleId=301265&galleryId=31341 .

I also run one e-group on Yahoo and participate in several others.
A few of my F2F [face-to-face] friends are also in a couple of the groups.
I also have some new friends that I met on-line before they became
F2F friends.

My friend Philly Dave says,
"Friendship is Good."
I met him through seeking publication of my poetry--
he is one of my editors and now also a F2F friend.

When I was in high school,
I was taken to task by one of the teachers
because I used to visit the homeroom of some girls
who were seniors when I was a sophomore.
The same teacher was also upset because
once on the trainride home,
I played guitar and a fellow passenger
joined in on his mandolin.

Thankfully, I remain free to be friends
with my friends regardless of age, race, creed,
religion or lack of religion, sexual orientation,
gender identification, or any other -ism which
bears the potential to divide
people into sloppy little boxes.

~sapphoq n friends

No comments: