Monday, June 08, 2009

Thursday-- Old Friends



Another sunny morning. The three of us set out for Hamilton beach. Our too-thin neighbor walked with us for a
short distance before turning off. Then a yellow lab named Lilly and her owner-- I remember the dog from last summer
and I've even got a picture of her and her now passed on black lab companion from a couple summers ago splashing in
the water with my dog-- came along and the two dogs played for a bit. We walked back home. With apologies to the
dog, husband and I set off for a walk. He was going to the store and I to the library.


At the library I found that an old acquaintance from my wild college days had e-mailed me. Turned out my best friend
from high school had directed him to my blogs. He is doing well for himself and I was pleased to hear that. Best
friend and I had driven to his parents' home late one night around Halloween time. We wrapped his car up in paper
chains fashioned to a cut-out white ghost with a blue thumbprint on it. The blue thumbprint was in reference to my
own thumbnail which I had slammed into my car door one afternoon. The thumbnail turned blue over a period of a
couple of weeks and then fell off, revealing a new thumbnail underneath.

Spaghetti tonight for supper.

No comments: