Sunday, May 06, 2007

DAY TWENTY

I checked out and waited for the van. The other five passengers to be picked up from the Days' Inn out toward West
Sedona were all F.S.A. [Financial Savings Association or something like that] people who were done with the conference
they had all gone to. One of the five was the speaker I had ridden up with. They were yakking-- the three in the
seat ahead of me-- and the speaker happened to mention "gays in the military" as being a problem. The two women
agreed with him, although he wasn't clear on what kind of problem he perceived queers and bi-queers in the military
to be. He also mentioned that there just weren't many lesbians around. He pegged the population of lesbians as
one percent. How obscene of him [and the two women perhaps also] to clearly demonstrate his prejudice in public as
a badge of honor. The conversation did not cause me to like rich people without class any better than I had before.
I said nothing. They were talking between themselves and weren't asking for my opinion. Had they been louder or
more obnoxious about things, I might have intervened.

At the airport, I was glad that I had downloaded and printed my boarding pass already. The line to do that was a
mob. The line to security was too long. I got through with time to spare and then it was wait for the plane, get on
the plane, admire the scenery, eat a small part of the mystery meat sandwich and salad for lunch on the plane, find
the next gate for the plane from Cleveland, get on that plane, get off that plane, find husband.

We went to the diner for dinner and I was glad to be home.

sapphoq n friends

No comments: