Monday, February 27, 2012

To the Waitress and the Manager at the Recovery Sports Grill




Dear Wonderful Waitress and Manager at the Recovery Sports Grill,

Today my dad and I were cruising around and we dropped in.  He had a gin and tonic.  I had a large cup of your most excellent coffee.  We split an order of soft pretzel sticks with cheese.  We had a wonderful time.

Dad got lost on the way to the mens' room.  You both were right there to help him find his way.  You were courteous to him and answered his questions carefully.  You gave him several business cards when he asked for more than one.  (I know they are expensive to print up).  You treated him like a regular customer.  You took the time to be present to him.  Neither of you hurried him.

In a day and age where people rush around, don't have time for anyone who is slow or pokey or different, avoid the elderly and infirm, and generally have forgotten how to be human, your actions touched me.  For a little while, Dad lost his labels.  And for that, I am grateful.

Signed,
sapphoq n friends

p.s.  I took the picture myself with my cheap digital camera and added the border.  While at the Recovery Sports Grill, I was watching the big trucks on teevee zoom over piles of dirt.

http://recoverysportsgrill.com/

No comments: