Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dear Two Nice People...


una luz en la noche





Dear Two Nice People Who Gave Me the Purple Umbrella,



Something had happened earlier that evening.  I was angry and hurt.


I finally got home.  The dog wanted to go for a walk and I thought that we could beat the rain that I knew was coming in.


I was wrong.  The wind kicked up first.  I decided to send my anger and hurt into the wind.  The dog was happy and not caring about the impending storm.  We were walking down the hospital driveway when the clouds let go.  I was using a spare plastic bag as a sort of hat.  


You were in a dark blue van.  You had left the hospital parking lot and were driving toward the road, out the back entrance.  You saw us, my dog and I.  You beeped the horn and then you gave me a purple umbrella.


Thank you for giving me the purple umbrella.  What you did that night nourished my spirit.


Signed,




the woman who had neglected to bring her umbrella for the dog walk

No comments: