Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Robin Fell Out




I heard a loud noise.  I looked around and found this baby robin out of a nest.  I thought at first that he [or she?] was going to die.  His [or her?] eyes were open.  So I waited.    


   baby robin on its' side after falling out of the nest

 
I could hear and see both mom and assumed dad robin flying around back and forth about 30 feet away and screaming. 
                                                         
The baby robin righted itself and 
   baby robin righted itself
I was relieved. 

I hesitated.  After a moment, I put the little robin back in the nest.  Mom was feeding it later so all was well.

I walked away so that mom and assumed dad robin would calm down.                               




   baby bird back in nest

Friend told me later she had found him on the driveway earlier in the morning and she had also tucked him back into the nest.  Since then, he has gotten out of the nest again and is walking around on the porch floor.
 I took the pictures.  You can right-click and save to your computer to use them as is or to add a tag if you wish to. 

sapphoq n friends                                                
                                                                                                                                

No comments: