Wednesday, August 17, 2005

My Animals

* frog drawn by someone unknown to me*

I have alot of frogs, usually around fifteen or so. Once in awhile one of them dies off.
Currently I have a Cuban tree frog named Sticky Che who lives in his fish filter and responds to the sound of my voice by pulling himself half-way out to look at me, two african yellow underwater frogs named Henry and Lucy, one african bullfrog named Hobbit, two little green tree frogs from southern usa--the male is a loud yakker and the female swims and catches feeder fishies to eat, and a bunch of firebelly toads.
The firebelly toads and the little green tree frogs live to gether. Henry and Lucy have their own tank. Sticky Che and the Hobbit both live alone.
Each frog has his or her own personality and likes and dislikes in terms of food and froggie friends. That is something that I would not have believed before I got into frogs. But now--most definately!
I also have seven catfishies--the only tank fish that didn't die on me within two months so consequently I am very fond of them--and a large snail who lives with them. The snail is so big that he has a little bat-like face. The catfishies and the snail seem to leave each other alone. They keep their tank the cleanest, followed by Sticky Che.
Besides the frogs and catfishies and snail, I also have a dog, two cats, and a husband. Blondie has a red nose, black tongue, husky tail, webbed feet, and strawberry blonde hair. Netta is full-grown but a small cat. She is a tortie and has the tortie attitude. She also goes limp when she is picked up. When she wants attention, she will sit where a person is sure to pass. Bramble is a red and white kitty--already twice the size of his adopted sister. He is only half-grown. He loves to sit in windows and he loves to pounce on Netta. Netta does not always agree that this is a great idea. I think deep down underneath she really does like him but does not want us to know it.
Pretty soon, husband and I will be packing up the dog and the two cats to go to his family's cottage on an island in Maine for a week. It is quiet and peaceful up there (with the exception of my mother-in-law who is loquacious) and I am looking forward to the rest.
Speaking of rest, good night all.
-sapphoq

No comments: