Friday, October 21, 2005

I AM THE WITCH DOCTOR 10/21/05

Why I name myself a pagan solitary hedge witch.

Because traditional services, gatherings, and covens do not work for me.
Because I don't believe that magick is stronger in large groups.
Because I fail to see why I have to be formally initiated by another witch.

Because I have been called to walk my own path.
Because I recognize and put on a particular mantle of power.
Because I walk between the worlds.

Because I don't feel a need to be dictated to by others about when and how to make a circle.
Because I don't feel compelled to recognize both a god and a goddess in every calling.
Because I dislike having to buy the latest witch book or the latest must have overpriced "tool" or engage in witch wars.

Because I talk to the animals and they talk back to me.
Because I talk to plants and they talk back to me.
Because I talk to the sky, the moon, the earth, and the galaxies, and they all talk back to me.

Because I refuse to be bound by any tradition.
Because I embrace all people walking all spiritual paths.
Because I know that contact with the divine cannot be taught in books or in courses.

For these and many other reasons, I name myself a pagan solitary hedge witch.

-sapphoq

No comments: