Sunday, November 13, 2005

PAT ROBERTSON IS AT IT AGAIN

Pat Robertson recently claimed that the town of Dover PA has "turned [its'] back on god" by voting out of the school board eight members who were in favor of teaching

the creationalistic 'intelligent design' in public schools as an 'alternative' to evolution.

Reuters quoted him as saying should disaster strike Dover PA, the townsfolk should not expect any help from god.

Personally, I am SICK of literalist christians constantly attempting to impose their beliefs, laws, ideas, and politics upon the rest of us.

I do not want my taxes to pay for public schools offering up 'intelligent design' as a scientific theory -- which it is NOT.

GLBT kids, pagan kids, and atheist kids are all suffering at the hands of christian bully kids in public schools. Some of our kids are getting beaten up, harrassed, and killing themselves over this stuff.

By the way, even IF the founders of the untied states were christian and theocratic -- it simply does not follow that we should install a theocracy today.

And these same literalist christians claim WE have an agenda!

-sapphoq

1 comment:

Jeremy Crow said...

Ah humbug ... we all have an agenda ... you, me, everyone ... just some of us are good at standing in rooftops and shouting it ... lol ... I personally beleive that if you don't want theocratic style teachings in public schools that is fine ... If I want theocratic teachings I can put my kids in Catholic school {damn I used the C word} ... Of course I also beleive that teaching evolution is a wonderful theory, just like creationism is a wonderful theory ... and treat them both as two theories ... Love Ya ~hugs & kisses~ {but no strings ... of course}