Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Why I Care



Why I Care about what is happening with our teens and children; and other folks who are being abused, mistreated, raped, and manipulated in WWASPS facilities, in Aspen facilities, and in any other place where these great evils are occurring.

I care because I am a thinking and feeling animal called human being.

I care because I remember being abused as a child.

I care because I remember being abused as a teen.

I care because I remember the first rape as a young adult.

I care because I remember the second rape-- which was a series of rapes-- by a professional "helper."

I care because the professional "helper" got a slap on the hand for "poor paperwork."

I care because I was considered to be "not a credible witness."

I care because I watched his co-workers surround him and defend him and lie for him in a court of law.

I care because I remember the attempted rape as an adult.  I kneed him in the groin and kicked him in the balls.

I care because I've watched censorship and intellectual monopoly grow through the years.

I care because the perps want us to be silent and ashamed.

I care because I remember all of these things.

I care because no one deserves abuse.

Caring is nothing without action.

I care and I take action, especially for those who are not considered to be "credible witnesses," for those who watched the court system side with the attackers, for those who were harmed by religious people professing love.

You?

No comments: