Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Woods




Happy dog and I went off into the woods today.
Every spring, there is a temporary pond here.  It is a rather pretty, if buggy, spot.



 The May Apples are coming up all over the place.  


We are having a pleasant old-fashioned spring up here this year.  Some rain, some clouds, some sun.  Cool at night.  The snowdrops have been out.  So have the straw flowers.  The crocuses are flowering madly back in civ.

These particular woods were logged, thus many of the trees are young.  They were also parceled out into farm plots at one time.  So there are stone walls running through the woods too.

Some four wheelers have been trying to block off some of the trails.  Someone got annoyed enough to put up a notice.  [I erased the name and phone number of the one person who actually did sign it].  


  I'm pretty sure that the notice will not be effective.  I never thought of putting the words "degenerate" and "imps" together.  I figure the four wheelers dragging blow-down onto the trails are just a few kids fooling around.

 These woods are not alpine.  They are multi-use.  Everyone is allowed in: four wheelers, paint-ballers, people with and without dogs, even the solitary man who feels compelled to leave bird food by a stump here in these woods.

The trails this time of year are soft and covered with fallen leaves.


  Happy dog and I came back refreshed and ready to face a new day.


sapphoq n friends say:  I love the woods.

p.s.  Copyright trolls, go away.  I took the pics.  Enough already.

No comments: