Monday, April 30, 2007

DAY 12

I got off the train this morning and cancelled my one half hour at the Grand Canyon. I was too tired. Van ride to Phoenix was okay. I chatted with a woman who kept telling me that she and her husband "live off the grid' near Flagstaff. Flagstaff itself was a cute little town.

We stopped at a Burger King in Sedona for a five minute break. The rocks are red. Cacti finally started showing up with regularity. First the flat little ones-- prickly pears. Then the sagueros whose range is altitude dependent.

The Ramada Inn turned out to be nice upon first glance. Phoenix is a [Sonoran] desert and is hot. The cabbie who took me over is Russian. His name is Eduardo. He lived in Queens, Flushing for 12 years and now he lives here. Rent is half as much.

I did laundry in the laundry room and sat in the whirlpool for a bit.
I went to the transit center on the bus and got a book of discounted tickets for having Medicare-- half-price.
I went to an N.A. meeting after a salad at the hotel "grille." The grille is not impressive. After the meeting, I went back to eat dinner and it was so-so. Nothing to write home about.

I am tired and going to bed. I talked with Joy today and I am meeting her tomorrow.

sapphoq n friends

No comments: