Wednesday, April 25, 2007

DAY TEN

I spent almost 25 bucks today for a cab to take me to a meeting which could not be found. As it happened, I landed
in Chula Vista [cute little houses] which was a walk to Imperial Beach and the pier. I ate at Subway, bought a few
trinkets, acquired directions to Tijuana and the San Diego Zoo, and then went off to the Pier. At the Imperial
Beach Pier, I watched a man reel in a stingray. He had two companions who had to help him because stingrays are
very strong and can snap a line. Then I went down to the beach where I waded in the Pacific and collected a few
shells.

I got on the bus which took me to the trolley. At the trolley station, a vet gave me a day pass which he didn't
need anymore that day. I went off to the #7 bus [the first bus driver, a woman, said I was on the bus going the
wrong way but she dropped me off across the street from the correct #7 bus going the correct way] to the San Diego
Zoo. The zoo is in Balboa Park. I went on a round-trip ride on the little bucket things that travel in the sky
over the zoo using thick wires for transport-- too bad I can't think of the name. I saw the herps-- including some
neat and well-cared for frogs, birds [one bird decided to peck on my leg and cane because his bird friend just had
laid some eggs], wild pigs, various four-footeds, camels, wallabees, a solitary 22 month old panda, and some other
stuff. I got cool pics, including of the monkeys and of the curlew who was intent upon finishing me off. I walked
too much and too long and at 6 p.m., I departed for the #7 to the trolley to the hike up the 8th Avenue hill to the
hotel.

At the hotel I ate dinner there, saying goodbye to Jorge who was intent on convincing me that his bro-in-law would
treat me right for breakfast and then retired to my room for the rest of the late evening.

Tomorrow I am off to Phoenix on the train and bus. I will not arrive there until sometime on Thursday and will not
be able to post on the train. Til Thursday or after then,

sapphoq n friends

No comments: