Monday, December 04, 2006

To Blondie 12/4/06


you are my friend
my true friend.
together, we have walked and ran
through many places.

you love me for me
and i love you for you.
although we are different,
together we have found love,
the universe, and everything.

you stayed by my side
during those long days
when my life slipped away in sleeping
and coffee counted the hours
until exhausted, i would sleep again.

you were there
waiting for me when i stumbled in, tired
and apologetic, unable to romp or play.
you loved me no matter what
and you still do.

you watched me sleep
and sleep more. you were happy
when i could walk again freely
without falling. together we went
wandering once again to the places
we have known and loved.

you delight in me, and i in you.
together we are the face of love.




Author's Notes: I love you Blondie.

sapphoq n friends

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pets always love back unconditionally, and that is the best part ;-) JC