Thursday, December 14, 2006

WHY I AM WHO I AM 12/14/06

1. Because I cannot be anyone else. I endorse self-congruity in my thoughts, words, and deeds.
2. Because I do not blame my parents for my own failings. I endorse self-responsibility.
3. Because I recognize that we are not our labels. I endorse self-acceptance.
4. Because I know that I am more than my problems. I endorse self-efficacy.
5. Because I know who I am. I endorse self-identity.

6. I am who I am because I have found that asking for help is not weakness.
7. I am who I am because I have found a sense of belonging where previously existed exceptionality and isolation.
8. I am who I am because today I have something to give to others and I am no longer a taker or a free-loader.
9. I am who I am because I practice acceptance of others just as they appear at this moment without trying to change, convert, or fix them.

10. I am who I am because we are who we are. We are who we are because together we celebrate our sacred ways of being in the world.

sapphoq n friends

No comments: